Big, complex, old … just some of the words people use to describe the Bible. Sound familiar? That’s where The Bible Course comes in.
The next course starts on Thurs 14th September 2023
What is The Bible Course?
The course will increase your confidence, equip you to read the Bible better and help you to see its relevance to daily life. The course provides a birds-eye view of the world’s bestselling book.
Click the image below to watch a short trailer…
- The Bible Course helps you see how the books of the Bible are part of one big story
- Using a unique storyline, The Bible Course will show you how key events, books and characters fit together
- Video teaching, written guides, diagrams and readings will help you grow in confidence as you read the Bible for yourself
- Acts as a great follow-on resource for those who have done introductory courses like Alpha and Christianity Explored
How many weeks does it run for?
Over eight interactive sessions, it combines video teaching, group discussion, personal reflection and daily readings.
Meeting people in groups, where everyone shares their thoughts and experiences, lies at the heart of The Bible Course as everyone learns from each other.
An eight-session course helping you explore the BIG story.
Here are some comments from our recent courses...
“I enjoyed all of it. It has helped me to understand. I feel a better person”
“Made a big difference to me. I felt as though Jesus was with us”
“Very helpful. Questions were easy to understand”
“It helped to bring the stories to life”
“It all worked well together. I loved the discussions as getting others views helped me to understand things more”
“Very grateful for the experience”
“The course leaders were engaging, helpful, knowledgeable and supportive”
“The course was very helpful, chatty and supportive”
- Week 1 – Introducing the Bible
- Week 2 – Creation & Covenant
- Week 3 – Exodus & Promised Land
- Week 4 – Judges & Kings
- Week 5 – Exile & Prophets
- Week 6 – Jesus & the Gospels
- Week 7 – Acts & the Church
- Week 8 – Revelation & Review
What happens during a typical evening…
We start at 7-15pm with a hot drink, some biscuits and good company (that’s us as well as you!)
A short teaching video
Some discussion time
A second short teaching video
Some personal reflection to finish
Some daily readings between sessions