Some suggested ways to join in ‘Thy Kingdom Come’
21st May – 31st May 2020
• Use the daily ideas from the ‘Thy Kingdom Come’ Prayer Journal, including praying for 5 friends to come to know Jesus. These readings and reflections have also been recorded by members of the church family and will be live on YouTube and Facebook from 6am each morning during the ten days. Read or listen at any time to rest, read, reflect and respond.
• Join with others praying at home or where you are from 9.00am-9.30am each morning.
• Phone one or two friends or use zoom to pray together.
• Show someone you are praying for that you care – ring, text, email or deliver a small gift if you are able to do so safely. • Join with your small group for an evening of prayer.
• Join in the digital Family Adventure Prayer Map from the website with others in your home.
• Go on a prayer walk during your daily exercise, or do a virtual prayer walk around street or locality praying for each house as you think of it.
• Look at the website and find out more ideas at https://www.thykingdomcome.global/
“You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses …to the ends of the earth. When he had said this…he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight…Then they returned to Jerusalem … and were constantly devoting themselves to prayer… When the day of Pentecost had come they were all together in one place… All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit… and that day about three thousand persons were added.”
Acts 1, 2
“In praying ‘Thy Kingdom Come’ we all commit to playing our part in the renewal of the nations and the transformation of communities.” Archbishop Justin Welby